Tuesday, August 29, 2006

When Dust is a Good Thing

As many of you know, I (Christopher) teach Middle School Language here in St. Croix Falls.

Summer is the time when all the rooms get a thorough cleaning.

A cleaning crew comes in and takes everything (and I mean everything) out of the rooms. It all gets wiped down, carpets and walls are washed—the whole bit.

The other day I remembered that I left my precious Air Source in the room. Since I brought it to school, I’ve gotten fewer colds, and I often get positive comments on the smell.

Anyway I ran into one of the women who cleaned my room. She commented that mine was by far the dustiest room to clean. She said that they wiped up at least twice to 3x as much dust as in other rooms. It was amazing. With all that dust, she questioned the effectiveness of my air purifier.

I tried to explain how the Air Source gets dust to fall out of the air.

I’m not sure I convinced her. I’m just glad somebody was wiping up the dust that I would have been breathing in all year--if it wasn’t for my Air Source.

No comments: